How to get ANTS out of your home
Many small steps can be taken to help keep ants out of the home.
- If you see a line of ants making its way through your house, follow it to determine its origination point. Ants can enter through a window, molding crevice, or even a crack in the floor.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers or in the refrigerator. Food left anywhere else may attract more ants.
- Get rid of trailing ants by vacuuming them up along with some corn starch, causing them to suffocate. They can also be washed away with soap and water.
- Eliminate the scent of the trail by washing the area once the ants have been removed with soap and hot water.
- Permanently seal the point of entry by caulking windows and cracks and weather-stripping doors.