I saw this very cool calendar and it talked about ANTS so I thought I'd pass it along to you...some info about the different kinds of ANTS and some thing you should know about them. Don't forget...tomorrow is April Fool's Day and little plastic ants make a great GAG!!!
- Excavate wood in order to build their nests;
wood destroying insects
- Usually first invade wet, decayed wood; move to dry wood indoors
- Build their nests outdoors in various wood sources,
including tree stumps, firewood or landscaping
- Usually come into buildings through cracks around doors, windows, or through holes for wires.
Odorous House Ants
- Most ants in your kitchen are of no medical concern
- They can have multiple colonies both inside and outside of your home, they can be very problematic and annoying
- If you see them often, it is likely that you have some smaller colonies nesting within your home and should get a thorough inspection and treatment